Welcome to the National Scholarships and Fellowships Office at San Diego State University!
The National Scholarships and Fellowships Office advises and assists qualified undergraduates, regardless of scholar affiliation, interested in applying for national scholarships and fellowships. Through the promotion of opportunities campus-wide and faculty/staff collaborations, we seek to develop a campus culture that encourages students to pursue prestigious opportunities.
The National Scholarships and Fellowships Office serves San Diego State University in the following ways:
- Informs undergraduates and faculty/staff about major national fellowship opportunities
- Recruits competitive applicants across campus
- Helps students identify fellowship opportunities which match their goals and accomplishments
- Advises students through the logistics of the fellowship application process
- Collaborates with the SDSU Writing Center to provide writing assistance on fellowship application materials
- Oversees the campus evaluation and selection process for fellowship awards as required
- Prepares official, university endorsement packages for selected fellowship nominees
- Assists students preparing for national fellowship interviews
National merit scholarships attract and award students who want to enhance their education by exploring opportunities and experiences that go beyond their prescribed course load. These honors are bestowed upon students who have demonstrated academic excellence, intellectual curiosity, personal integrity and strength of conviction through public service and/or leadership.
We encourage you to research the scholarships that are available in your field of interest and welcome the opportunity to assist you.
If you are an incoming freshman and are interested in scholarships and funding opportunities for your SDSU career, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.